Made this? How was it?
- 2 large potatoes, peeled
- 2 large parsnips, peeled
- 2 large beetroot peeled
- Peanut oil for frying
- Sea salt
For the basil mayo:
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 200 – 280ml rapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large bunch basil
How to make Vegetable Chips and Basil Mayo
Cut all the veg into large strips. Blanch these by frying at 160c for six to eight minutes, drain and chill.
For the mayonnaise, separate 2 eggs, add white wine vinegar, water &together. Continue mixing the mayonnaise & slowly start in the oil. To finish it off, finely some basil (but not too finely or they'll go brown) and add to the mayonnaise and add a squeeze of lemon, a touch of salt and pepper and fold through. Fry all the vegetables again at 190c for two to three minutes until crispy.
- Yorkshire Puddings
- Fromage Fort
- Apple Pie with Honeycomb Ice Cream
- Steamed vegetables with tomato and....
- Spiced Cumin and Aubergine Dip with...
- Fried fish bites, sweet potato chip...
- Bollywood chips
- Philly Cheese Steak Pasty
- Lager Battered Fish and Chips with....
- Scallops, Celeriac, Bacon and Seash...
- Chicken and Mango Chutney Curry
- Ludo's Fried Chicken