First, make your Masala Paste
1. Add the oil to a frying pan on medium heat.
2. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add the masala paste – 1 tbsp for mild, 2 tbsp for medium and 3 tbsp for a hot curry.
4. Continue frying for 2 minutes.
5. Add the fresh tomatoes and cook until the oil starts to separate and moves away from the onions, and has a roux-like consistency.
6. Add the butternut squash and sauté for 5 minutes.
7. Then add the cauliflower florets and fenugreek, and add the 1/4 pint of water (more if preferred).
8. Reduce to simmer and put the lid on.
9. Cook for 10 minutes.
10. Remove the lid, add the sugar snap peas, stirring in well.
11. Put the lid back on for 2 minutes.
12. Switch off the gas, remove the lid and add a handful of fresh chopped coriander, and garam masala.
Recipe courtesy of: Anjula Devi