- 1.50 lbs venison steak
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large shallots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground pepper
- 0.33 brandy
- 0.25 red wine
- 1 beef stock
- 0.33 sour cream
- 1 to taste salt and pepper
How to make Venison Steaks W/ Creamy Pepper & Brandy Sauce
- Melt butter and oil in large saute pan over med-high heat.
- Salt and pepper each side of steaks and add to pan. Venison at it's best should be served at med-rare. Quickly sear each side of steaks, just about 2 minute per side.
- Remove steaks and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Turn heat down to med. and add shallots and ground pepper to pan and saute.
- Add brandy to pan and de-glaze. Cook for a minute or so to slightly thicken.
- Add wine and beef stock and turn heat back up to med-high. Let simmer for 3-4 minute then add sour cream. Let this mixture cook until it reaches a nice, thick consistency.
- Add steaks back to pan and cook 2 minute.
- Serve and enjoy!
(Courtesy of Food.com)