Recipe by: Giada De Laurentiis
More Recipes You May Like
- 4 tbsps olive oil, plus more if necessary
- 1 lb 1¾ oz (500g) good-quality hot dogs, pierced
- ¼ oz (3g) fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 tbsps fresh basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make Veronica's potato salad
1) Boil the potatoes whole until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool to room temperature. Peel and cut the potatoes into bite-size pieces, discarding the potato skins.
2) Put the hot dogs into a hot griddle pan and cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool the hot dogs to room temperature, then cut them crosswise into bite-sized pieces.
3) Toss the potatoes, parsley, basil and olive oil in a large bowl. Season the potato salad with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the hot dogs to the salad and toss. Season to taste, adding additional olive oil if the salad seems too dry.
Serve the salad at room temperature.