1. Combine together all the ingredients for the filling into a mixing bowl and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, break the eggs, add the grated palm sugar, fish sauce, shrimp paste and sesame oil. Beat well and set aside.
3. Cut each baguette lengthways. Brush with a little melted butter or oil and lightly griddle until the griddle markings appear on the bread. Remove and set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. Add half the egg mix and cook for 2 minutes. Add half the filling to the centre of each omelette. Fold the sides to make a parcel, turn over and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes until the filling has warmed through.
5. Remove from the heat and cut diagonally and place onto one of the baguettes. Drizzle with a little sesame oil.
6. Repeat the above for the second omelette.