1) Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2) Bring milk to the boil. In a different pan over a medium heat melt the butter, add the flour and cook without browning until the mixture begins to bubble. Gradually add hot milk whisking constantly. Cook until texture becomes smooth and thick and begins to boil. Let boil for 3 to5 minutes whisking constantly. Remove from heat, place in a bowl. Add yolks, salt, pepper and cayenne to the mixture.
3) Prepare souffle ramekin by greasing the edges with softened butter. Sprinkle the finely grated Parmesan evenly around the ramekin. Prepare bain Marie (water bath) for souffle and heat in oven.
4) In a bowl melt the cream cheese, butter and Edam cheese. Add bechamel to cheese mixture. With a spatula fold in the soft peaked whipped egg whites.
5) Dice the bacon into small pieces, saute in pan until crisp. Drain excess fat and place on kitchen paper.
6) Fill the prepared ramekin to the top with the mixture. Clean the edges of the ramekin of any extra batter. To bake souffle place the ramekins in the bain marie for 15 minutes until it rises 2.5cm above the ramekin. Take out of the oven to cool.
7) Serve with a teaspooon of crispy bacon in the centre.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.