Watermelon and cantaloupe salad with mint and basil vinaigrette
2 tbsp freshly chopped mint leaves plus whole sprigs, for garnish
2 tbsp freshly chopped basil leaves plus whole sprigs, for garnish
Juice of 1 lemon (60ml)
60ml stock syrup (equal amounts sugar and water heated until sugar dissolves, cool)
Try Knorr Stock Pots
Add depth of flavour to an array of slow-cooked meals with Knorr Stock Pots. Available in a range of flavours, from Chicken to Beef and Vegetable to Herb Infusion, these stock pots are quick and easy to use, melting in minutes.
1) Scoop 450g each from the watermelon and the cantaloupe using a melon baller. Carve the remainder of the watermelon out and reserve shell.
2) Add to a blender the chopped mint, chopped basil, lemon juice, simple syrup and amaretto. Blend until smooth.
3) Add the watermelon and cantaloupe balls to the carved out watermelon half.
4) Add the vinaigrette to the balls and toss to combine.
5) Garnish with the mint and basil sprigs and taste.