- 3 sourdough bread
- 5.50 ounces creme fraiche
- 5.50 ounces sour cream
- 2 egg yolk
- 1 cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3 teaspoons jam
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
How to make Welsh Rarebit - Jamie Oliver
- Toast both sides of bread under broiler until lightly browned.
- Stir together remaining ingredients except chili pepper jam and worcestershire sauce.
- Spread 1 tsp chili jam on each slice of bread. Divide cheese mixture evenly between slices and spread to edges. Return to broiler until top is brown and bubbly, 2-3 minutes.
- Crisscross the top of each slice with the edge of a knife, just to cut through the crispy cheese. Sprinkle with worcestershire sauce and serve.
(Courtesy of Food.com)