Made this? How was it?
- 255g white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 225g double cream
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract (I use Boyajiain natural peppermint flavour)
- 6 fresh mint leaves, optional
How to make White Chocolate Mint Mousse
Put the pieces of white chocolate in a bowl, and sit bowl over a pan over simmering water until it melts, stirring gently with a spatula every now and then.
When chocolate is melted, stand the bowl on a cold surface to cool down a little.
In another bowl, and using an electric handheld for ease, the cream, egg white and peppermint extract together. You want soft peaking rather than a stiff mixture.
Put a big dollop of cream onto the slightly cooled chocolate and mix, and then gently fold the chocolate mixture into the cream.
Divide mixture between 6 small but perfectly formed glasses with a capacity of 60ml each.
Chill in the fridge or give them a fast icy zap but sitting them in the deep freeze for 10 or 15 minutes. Decorate top with a mint leaf before serving.
Recipe from Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson (published by Chatto & Windus) Visit Nigella's site.
- Instant Chocolate Mousse
- Margarita ice cream
- Crepes Suzette
- Caramel Croissant Pudding
- Cherry Cheesecake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Sunda...
- Chocolate pear pudding
- Hopped-Up On Caffeine Rich Chocolat...
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Flash-fried steak with white bean m...
- Baked potatoes with chive sour crea...
- Butternut squash with pecans and bl...