- 4.33 wholemeal flour
- 0.25 ounce active dry yeast
- 1 milk
- 0.33 sugar
- 0.33 butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg
How to make Whole Wheat Runza Dough
- Add 2 cups of the flour and the yeast to the bowl of your kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook and mix well.
- Heat the milk, sugar, butter and salt to between 115 and 120 degrees.
- Add the warm mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add the eggs and mix for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 a cup of flour at a time mixing after each addition until a ball forms.
- Knead for 8 minutes using the mixer.
- Grease a bowl and add the dough ball.
- Cover and place in a warm spot.
- Allow to rise until double in size. About 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and recover.
- Allow to rise for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into managable sections.
- Roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into 4 inch by 4 inch squares.
- Fill with desired fillings.
- Bring the opposite ends together and pinch together. Pinch together the seams so that the filling doesn't leak out.
- Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden.
(Courtesy of Food.com)