Made this? How was it?
- 3 mini pumpkins
- Salt and black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Chilli flakes
- Olive oil
- 1 small white onion, finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300ml fish stock
- 150ml milk
- 75ml dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 medium potatoes cut into 1cm²
- 75g each of wild Alaska salmon, pollock, king crab and Pacific cod, chunked
- 150ml crème fraîche
- Finely zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chives, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp parsley, plus extra to serve
How to make Wild Alaska Seafood Halloween Chowder
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2.the tops off the pumpkins and scoop out the seeds but don’t throw them away. Place the seeds on a baking tray and sprinkle over salt, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, chilli flakes and a little olive oil.
3.Brush the pumpkin bases and tops with olive oil and sprinkle over chilli flakes, and then bake in the oven for 25 minutes. At this stage, also place the pumpkin seeds in the oven and bake for a further 5-10 minutes until golden.
4. Meanwhile, make the chowder by sweating the onion and garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan. Add the fish stock, milk, white wine, bay leaf and thyme, along with a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper.
5. Bring to the boil and then add the potato cubes. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the potatoes are just about cooked, then add the seafood.
6. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the seafood is cooked through then stir through the lemon zest, crème fraîche, chives and parsley.
7. Ladle the soup into the pumpkin mugs and scatter over pumpkin seeds, chives and parsley before serving.
Cook’s tip: The pumpkin mugs are optional, so leave them out if you are short for time!
- Baked Wild Alaska Pacific Cod in Br...
- Wild Alaska Pacific cod loins with....
- Wild Alaska salmon, carrot and hall...
- Wild Alaska Salmon with Sun-dried T...
- Wild Alaska Salmon and Tomato Hallo...
- Wild Alaska Seafood Aljotta with Gr...
- Barbecued Alaska Salmon and Wild Ri...
- Hot Wild Alaska King Crab Pots
- Wild Alaska salmon, spinach and pas...
- Wild Alaska Salmon Bonfire Burgers
- Wild Alaska Salmon Thai Red Curry
- Wild Alaska salmon and couscous sal...