1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Slice the tops off the pumpkins and scoop out the seeds but don’t throw them away. Place the seeds on a baking tray and sprinkle over salt, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, chilli flakes and a little olive oil.
3.Brush the pumpkin bases and tops with olive oil and sprinkle over chilli flakes, and then bake in the oven for 25 minutes. At this stage, also place the pumpkin seeds in the oven and bake for a further 5-10 minutes until golden.
4. Meanwhile, make the chowder by sweating the onion and garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan. Add the fish stock, milk, white wine, bay leaf and thyme, along with a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper.
5. Bring to the boil and then add the potato cubes. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the potatoes are just about cooked, then add the seafood.
6. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the seafood is cooked through then stir through the lemon zest, crème fraîche, chives and parsley.
7. Ladle the soup into the pumpkin mugs and scatter over pumpkin seeds, chives and parsley before serving.
Cook’s tip: The pumpkin mugs are optional, so leave them out if you are short for time!