2) Add the crabmeat, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, egg and blackening spice to the mixing bowl and combine. Gradually add breadcrumbs until bound together.
3) Form the prawn mixture into 56g cakes. Saute the cakes in 2 tbsp of hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side over a medium heat.
For the pearl onion marmalade:
1) Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until thick.
For the fried prawns:
1) Combine all the marinade ingredients together and leave the prawns to marinate for 30 minutes.
2) Combine all the fried prawn breading ingredients together in a small bowl and mix well.
3) Remove the prawns from the marinade and dredge in the breading mix. Deep fry the prawns in 180C hot oil for 30 to 45 seconds.
For the chilli sour cream:
1) Combine the sour cream and chilli sauce and place in plastic squirt bottle.
For the bacon and garlic polenta:
1) Fry the bacon in a frying pan until crispy. Add the garlic to the pan and saute for 20 to 30 seconds.
2) Add the milk, cream and butter and bring to the boil. Add the polenta and stir. Turn the heat down to medium and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. If the polenta become too thick, add more milk to thin it out.
3) Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
1) Place 60g of polenta in each of 8 small souffle dishes or other small dish and place each dish in the centre of a plate.
2) Place a prawn cake beside each polenta dish and spoon 1 tbsp onion marmalade on eacj cake.
3) On the other side of the polenta dish place 1 fried prawn. Using the squirt bottle of chilli sour cream, place 5 small dots of sour cream around each plate.