1) In a large pot, heat the vegetable fat until a deep-fry thermometer reaches 190C. Line a sheet tray with a wire rack.
2) Using kitchen shears or a sharp knife, separate the chicken wings into the drummettes and wings, discarding the wing tip joint.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon of salt and black pepper. In a paper bag, shake together the flour, cornflour and 1 tablespoon of salt.
4) Place the chicken in the egg mixture and toss well to coat. Place the chicken in batches in the bag of flour mixture. Shake well to coat. Set on a wire rack to let the coating set for 20 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, make the honey BBQ sauce and spicy butter sauce. In a small saucepan, bring the ingredients for the honey BBQ sauce to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and cook until the sauce has reduced by half, about 12 minutes, stirring frequently. In another saucepan, bring the ingredients for the spicy butter sauce to a simmer. Remove from the heat and let the basil infuse in the butter for at least 15 minutes. Remove the basil.
6) When the oil is at the right temperature, add the chicken, working in batches, and fry until cooked through and crispy, about 13 minutes. Season the chicken with salt then, taking turns with the batches, either immediately toss in the honey BBQ sauce or spicy butter sauce, or sprinkle with the lemon and lime zest.