Recipe by: Rachael Ray
More Recipes You May Like
- 1 1/2kg gold-fleshed baby potatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 720ml chicken stock
- 42g butter
- 2 to 3 tbsps freshly parsley leaves
How to make Gold potatoes: Jacques Pepin style
1) Place the potatoes in a deep skillet and add salt and pepper, to taste. Cover the potatoes halfway with chicken stock, about 720ml, add the butter and cover skillet with a lid.
2) Cook the potatoes in the stock until almost tender, about 5 to 8 minutes, depending upon the size of the potatoes. Remove the lid and allow the stock to evaporate, about another 5 minutes.
3) Once the stock has evaporated, pop each potato using a ladle or large spoon, creating a small crack in each, but do not smash. Allow the potatoes to brown on each side, another 5 minutes, and re-season with salt and pepper, if necessary or desired.
Remove the browned potatoes from the skillet and place onto a serving platter. Garnish with the parsley.