1.INTRODUCTION AND ACCEPTANCE
Welcome to foodnetwork.co.uk. foodnetwork.co.uk is an interactive online service operated by Scripps Networks International (UK) Limited ("us", "we", or "our").We are a company registered in England and Wales with company number 5068968 and VAT registration number GB 835 5433 23 with our registered office at One Fleet Place, London, EC4M 7WS.
AGREE TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES RATHER THAN GOING TO COURT, GRANT US CERTAIN RIGHTS
AND LICENSES, PROVIDE US CERTAIN INDEMNITIES, WAIVE CERTAIN OF YOUR RIGHTS AND
REMEDIES, AND LIMIT OUR LIABILITY AND OBLIGATIONS TO YOU. READ THEM CAREFULLY
AND DO NOT USE THE SITE OR PURCHASE OUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES IF YOU DO NOT
3. WEBSITE ACCESS AND USE
- (i)remove, alter, cover, or distort any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice on the Website or Website Content;
- (ii) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website including, without limitation, any features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of the Website or Website Content;
- (iii) use an automatic device (such as a robot or spider) or manual process to copy or “scrape” the Website or Website Content for any purpose without our express written permission of . Notwithstanding the foregoing, we grant public search engine operators permission to use automatic devices (such as robots or spiders) to copy Website Content from the Website for the sole purpose of creating (and only to the extent necessary to create) a searchable index of Website Content that is available to the public. We reserve the right to revoke this permission (generally or specifically) at any time;
- (iv) collect or harvest any personally identifiable information from the Website including, without limitation, user names, passwords, email addresses;
- (v) use the Website to solicit other users to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organization without our prior written approval;
- (vi) attempt to or interfere with the proper working of the Website or impair, overburden, or disable the same;
- (vii) decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any portion of any the Website;
- (viii) use network-monitoring software to determine architecture of or extract usage data from the Website;
- (ix) use or access the Website or engage in any other conduct in connection with the Website for any illegal or immoral purpose or activity;
- (x) encourage conduct that violates any applicable law, either civil or criminal, or impersonate another user, person, or entity (e.g., using another person's Membership (as defined in Section 5(B)) without permission, etc.); or
- engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Website.
4.CONDITIONS FOR LINKING TO WEBSITE
We herebygrant you a non-exclusive, limited licence, revocable at our discretion, for you to link to the Website home page from any site you own or control that is not commercially competitive with the Website or any other website or service which we may operate from time to time and does not criticise or otherwise injure us, so long as the site where the link resides, and all other locations to which such site links, comply with all applicable laws and do not in any way abuse, defame, stalk, threaten or violate the rights of privacy, publicity, intellectual property or other legal rights of others or, in any way, post, publish, distribute, disseminate or facilitate any inappropriate, infringing, defamatory, profane, indecent, obscene or illegal/unlawful information, topic, name or other material or that violates the spirit of our mission. Such a link is not an endorsement of such other site(s) by us. All of our rights and remedies are expressly reserved.
5. USER REGISTRATION
(A)In order to access or use some features of the Website, you will have to become a registered user. If you are under the age of thirteen, then you are not permitted to register as a user or otherwise submit personal information to us.
6. USER CONTENT
(A) We may now or in the future permit users to post, upload, transmit through, or otherwise make available on the Website (collectively, “submit”) messages, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, music, videos, information, content, and/or other materials (“User Content”). Subject to the rights and licence you grant herein, you retain all right, title and interest in your User Content. We do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to User Content even if it is not published on the Website. It is solely your responsibility to monitor and protect any intellectual property rights that you may have in your User Content, and we do not accept any responsibility for the same.
(B)You shall not submit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property, personal, contractual, proprietary or other third party right without the express permission of the owner of the respective right. You are solely liable for any damage resulting from your failure to obtain such permission or from any other harm resulting from User Content that you submit.
(C)You represent, warrant, and covenant that you will not submit any User Content that:
- (i)violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property, personal, contractual, proprietary or other third party right of any person or entity;
- (ii)impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, pornographic, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable;
- (iii) encouragesconduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law;
- (iv) is an advertisement for goods or services or a solicitation of funds;
- (v) includes personal information such as messages which identify phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references;
- (vi) contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury;
- (vii) is a chain letter of any kind; or
- (viii) the licensed use by us hereunder would result in us having any obligation or liability to any party.
Moreover, any conduct by a user that in our sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Website will not be permitted.
(E) By submitting User Content, you also grant us the right, but not the obligation, to use your biographical information including, without limitation, your name and geographical location in connection with broadcast, print, online, or other use or publication of your User Content and to disclose your identity to any third party who claims that any User Content posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive any and all claims you may now or later have in any jurisdiction to so-called “moral rights” with respect to the User Content and warrant that such rights of any third party in your User Content have also been waived.
(F) We reserve the right to display advertisements in connection with your User Content and to use your User Content for advertising and promotional purposes. You acknowledge and agree that your User Content may be included on the websites and advertising networks of our distribution partners and third-party service providers (including their downstream users).
(G) We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor User Content. We reserve the right to remove any User Content in our sole discretion if we consider it does not comply with these Terms. Please exercise caution and common sense when viewing User Content. We have no obligation to post, maintain or otherwise make use of User Content and do not guarantee distribution of User Content. We may discontinue operation of the Website, or your use of the Website, in either case in whole or in part, in our sole discretion. You have no right to maintain or access your User Content on the Website and we have no obligation to return your User Content or otherwise make it available to you.
(H) The rights granted by you hereunder may not be terminated, revoked or rescinded and are not subject to reversion. If you become aware that User Content you have submitted includes any material for which you lack the unrestricted right to grant us the rights set forth above without obligations or liability to any party, you agree to promptly provide us with detailed written notice thereof to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. WEBSITE CONTENT & THIRD PARTY LINKS
(A) We provide the Website including, without limitation, Website Content for entertainment, educational and promotional purposes only. You may not rely on any information and opinions expressed on any of our Website for any other purpose. In all instances, it is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of Website Content. Subject to clause 11(C), under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any Website Content.
(B) In many instances, Website Content will include content posted by a third-party or will represent the opinions and judgments of a third-party. We do not endorse, warrant and are not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made on the Website by anyone other than our authorised employees or spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
(C) If there is a dispute between persons accessing the Website or between persons accessing the Website and any third party, you understand and agree that we are under no obligation to become involved. If there is such a dispute, you hereby release us and our officers, directors, employees, parents, partners, successors, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their related companies from claims, demands, and damages of every kind or nature arising out of, relating to, or in any way connected with such dispute.
(D) The Website may contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. We do not operate or control, in any respect, or necessarily endorse the content found on these third-party websites. You assume sole responsibility for your use of third-party links. We are not responsible for any content posted on third-party websites or liable to you for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of your dealings with any third-party or their website.
The Website may include certain services that may be available via your mobile phone, including without limitation:(A) the ability to upload to the Website via your mobile phone (Mobile Uploads): (b) the ability to receive and reply to messages and to send content and messages using text messaging (Mobile Texts): and (c) the ability to access the Website from your mobile phone (Mobile Web) (collectively, the “Mobile Services”). We do not currently charge for Mobile Services. Your carrier's normal messaging, data and other rates and fees will, however, still apply. You should check with your carrier to find out what plans are available and how much they cost. By using the Mobile Services you agree that we may communicate with you regarding the Website and our partners by SMS, MMS, text message or other electronic means to your mobile device and that certain information about your usage of the Mobile Services will be communicated to us.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITE AND WEBSITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE AND OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, PARTNERS, SUCCESSORS, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND THEIR RELATED COMPANIES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING ANY: (1) WARRANTIES THAT THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, SECURITY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, OR INFORMATIONAL CONTENT OF THE WEBSITE OR WEBSITE CONTENT; (3) WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (4) WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON OUR WEBSITE OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE WEBSITE; (5) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE; (6) WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE SECURE OR UNINTERRUPTED; AND (7) WARRANTIES THAT ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
11.LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
If you become a registered user, you may terminate your Membership at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
13. COPYRIGHT POLICY
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect our users to do the same. In appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, we may terminate and/or disable the Membership of users who we suspect to be infringers of the copyrights (or other intellectual property rights) of others. Additionally, in appropriate circumstances and in our sole discretion, we may remove or disable access to material on any of our websites or hosted on our systems that may be infringing or the subject of infringing activity.
14. CHOICE OF LAW; JURISDICTION AND VENUE
15. DISPUTE RESOLUTION; BINDING ARBITRATION
In the Dispute Resolution Section only, “we” and “us” are used to refer to you and Scripps Networks International (UK) Limited together.
- (ii) If either of us wants to arbitrate a dispute, we agree to send written notice to the other providing a description of the dispute, previous efforts to resolve the dispute, all supporting documents/information, and the proposed resolution. Scripps Networks International (UK) Limited will send notice to you based on the contact information you have provided Scripps Networks International (UK) Limited and notice to Scripps Networks International (UK) Limited must be sent to:.firstname.lastname@example.org. We agree to make attempts to resolve the dispute. If we cannot resolve the dispute within forty-five (45) days of receipt of the notice to arbitrate, then we may submit the dispute to formal arbitration, in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration Act 1996 and subject to the law of England and Wales.
- (iv) The arbitration will be conducted by a single neutral arbitrator who shall be appointed by the parties jointly or (failing agreement within five further working days) be selected and appointed by the LCIA.
- (v) The place of arbitration shall be London and all submissions and awards shall be made in English.
- (vi) We each agree that any arbitration will be solely between you and Scripps Networks International (UK) Limited (not brought on behalf of or together with another individual's claim). If for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then our agreement to arbitrate doesn't apply and the dispute must be brought in court.
- (vii) The prevailing party in the arbitration will be entitled to recover its costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and experts' fees, which are incurred in connection with the arbitration.
(C)Either of us may bring qualifying claims in small claims court.
16. AMENDMENT; ADDITIONAL TERMS
Effective: November 12, 2008. © 2008 Scripps Networks International (UK) Limited. All Rights Reserved.